Things you did not know about data security.
1. Every employee is a potential data security weakness.
2. Cyber criminals rely on the fact that smaller businesses think they are not good targets for attacks.
3. Data breaches can take a long time to detect.
4. New technology is making it easier to track cyber criminals.
5. Cybercrime costs skyrocketed to over $1 trillion dollars in 2018 and has tripled since the pandemic.
6. Almost half of cyber attacks target small businesses.
7. Data breaches can ruin customer trust and your reputation.
8. There is a shortage of cyber security experts.
9. Prevention is better than cure as the saying goes.
10. Implementing security measures may not deter all attacks but putting enough barriers in place can force cyber criminals to look for easier targets.